Our Safety Department has developed a unique program to protect your owner operators, protect your trucking company, and to preserve your owner operators’ Independent Contractor “IC” status.
Our Safety Department has partnered with a trusted Third Party Administrator (TPA) to provide a convenient solution for maintaining an Owner Operator (O/OP) program. This partnership is intended to make the use of independent contractors more convenient.
There are four key components to the O/OP program:
The Third Party Administrator
The TPA provides the tools for an efficient onboarding experience for the O/OPs, handles the settlement processing, and 1099s. OCC/ACC and work comp coverage is provided through one of the TPA’s preferred vendors for the Owner Operator.
Vehicle Compliance & Authority
NTSG provides the following vehicle compliance services to the Owner Operator:
– Obtains the operating authority, DOT number, and permits.
– Prepares all IFTA quarterly reports.
– Files 2290 taxes.
– Completes the IRP Registration.
– Completes and renews all permits.
DOT Safety & Compliance
Our Safety Department provides the following DOT compliance services to the O/OP and the motor carrier:
– Maintains all the O/OP’s DOT compliance, including but not limited to, driver files, drug & alcohol testing program, log audits, and vehicle maintenance record keeping.
– Provides the motor carrier access to the Owner Operator’s DOT files.
– Provide DOT compliance services to the motor carrier.
Auto Liability & Cargo Insurance
– Provides the primary auto liability and high value cargo insurance for the O/OP.
– Provides the physical damage insurance for the O/OP’s equipment and non owned physical damage insurance for the motor carrier’s trailers.
– Provides hired and non owned auto insurance for the motor carrier with the cost based on the number of O/OPs in our program.